Come join Kernutt Stokes, named by Oregon Business magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon” in 2021!
We are a local accounting firm looking for an Operational Accountant to work out of our beautiful Eugene office. This full-time position reports directly to our CFO, with transactional tasks and supporting accounting operations of the firm. The position offers a hybrid work schedule, with options for remote and in-office work available.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing organization.
The job responsibilities include:
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide bookkeeping and accounting support in all functional areas (AP, payroll, AR, fixed assets).
- Supports month end close through client billing cycles, preparation of monthly revenue reports.
- Prepares budgeting support; revenue, expense, and cash flow forecasting support; various metrics tracking; and other data summaries as needed.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting and project support to senior management.
- Supports process improvements and efficiency initiatives.
- Support development of models that help with decision-making.
Other duties as required
- Strong technology skills, specifically with the advanced use of Excel and Microsoft Access
- Good accounting experience, some general ledger experience
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 2+ years blended finance and/or accounting experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in accounting/finance or economics.
We are looking for someone who is friendly, reliable, trustworthy, with a can-do attitude. Candidate must be comfortable with technology, willing to solve problems on their own, and work well with team members to reach firms goals.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000-$65,000, DOE
Employees are not required to wear face coverings, however, will fully support anyone who would like to wear one. Cleaning service comes in daily and additional cleaning supplies are available.
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a receptionist / administrative assistant to work in our Bend office, and support our team of accountants with daily administrative support of the office.
- Answer phones in a professional manner using a multi–line phones system, and routing calls as necessary
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude
- Schedule conference rooms
- Set up, break down, organize, and maintain conference rooms and classrooms
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handling mail and other related duties
- Tax return assembly
- Format, proof-read, and assemble client financial statements (includes document formatting in Microsoft Word & Excel)
- Typing correspondence; including large mail merge documents
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including
- Sending faxes
- Copying documents
- Updating client address and phone numbers in database
- Assist in planning firm events, meetings, luncheons
- Other duties as required
Qualifications / Skills
- Telephone reception skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Active listening
- High degree of professionalism, including both appearance and general demeanor
- Customer focused
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Handles pressure well with strong ability to remain calm and patient as well as make quick decisions when necessary
- Prior administrative or clerical experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn and grow with the firm
We are looking for someone who is friendly, reliable, trustworthy, competent, with a can-do positive attitude. Candidate must be comfortable with technology, willing to solve problems on their own, able to multi-task efficiently, have an eye for detail, a willingness to grow, and work well with others. Prior accounting firm experience helpful. Three years’ experience working in an office environment a plus.
Hours will be 8:00 – 5:00 M-F, with some Saturdays during March and April. We offer competitive benefit packages. Qualified candidates should reply with their resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour