What inspires you?
Here at Kernutt Stokes, we dream big, chase fresh ideas, and constantly explore new realms. Every day we challenge our employees to develop their leadership skills, improve their technical know-how, and learn to observe from new perspectives.
We understand that you have many options open to you when it comes to establishing your career. Are you ready for a challenge? Are you ready to carve your own path to success? Do you want to work for a company that was named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon? Then Kernutt Stokes might just be the place for you.
Kernutt Stokes is growing and we need motivated and driven individuals to help us further our growth. We strive to provide a work environment that is collegial, respectful, and productive. We are committed to the advancement of your career and the advancement of our firm, while also ensuring life balance so our employees can enjoy their well-earned time off. We have a long history of serving Oregon since 1945 through our various locations in Eugene, Corvallis, Bend, and our satellite office in Lake Oswego.
We have a rich and varied client base: large privately held companies, small family-owned businesses, and high net worth individuals. We specialize in key industries, including beverage, college athletics and athletes, transportation, agriculture, construction, manufacturing, family-owned businesses, and real estate.
We are currently hiring for:
Accounting Manager | Eugene
Primary Job Duties:
- Prepares all monthly general ledger journal entries and reconciliations through month end and year end close.
- Supports preparation of monthly and annual financial reporting
- Prepares data analytics for various departments throughout the firm
- Prepare and process monthly payroll and other benefit related payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Administer employee benefits, including various enrollments
- Provide onboarding and education to support newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures, and regulations.
- Supports annual compensation committee with modeling and compensation research.
- Organizes physical and digital files for employees and their documents, benefits, and timekeeping records.
- Supports process improvements and efficiency initiatives.
- Support development of models that help with decision-making.
Other duties as required
- Strong technology skills, Advanced Excel skills a must
- Strong technical accounting skills, including understanding of GAAP
- Strong computer software skills, Sage Intacct experience a plus.
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Comfortable with handling confidential business matters and information with discretion
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 2+ years full cycle accounting and payroll experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in accounting/finance or economics.
We are looking for someone who is friendly, reliable, trustworthy, competent, with a can-do attitude. Candidate must be comfortable with technology, willing to solve problems on their own, and work well with others.
Qualified candidates should reply with their resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year DOE
Benefits for Full-Time Administration Staff
- Competitive salary and benefits package including compensation for all overtime worked
- A very generous discretionary annual employer 401(k)/profit sharing contribution
- Signing bonus
- CPA licensing bonus
- Employee incentive for new clients
- Reimbursement of continuing education
- 50% reimbursement of individual membership dues in Eugene Country Club, Shadow Hills Country Club, Bend
- Country Club, and Corvallis Country Club
- Partial reimbursement of engagement in club and civic organizations related to the firm
Health & Wellness Benefits
- 100% paid health/dental/vision for employee
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 24 hours a year to use toward community service
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Plenty of healthy and delicious food and beverages provided every week during busy season, along with a big Tax Day celebration dinner party