“We strive to do what is in the best interests of our clients and always consider whether there may be a better solution or alternative. As trusted advisors to our clients, we make great efforts to deliver what we promise- on time and accurately.”
– Steven E. Ritchie
Steve serves a diverse group of Kernutt Stokes clients, with a focus on privately held, owner-managed, entrepreneurial businesses in the technology, retail, wholesale, and manufacturing industries. In addition to accounting, auditing and tax planning services, Steve also provides financial reporting, financial analysis, business planning, and management consulting services.
As the managing partner of the firm, Steve is instrumental in charting the firm’s strategy and is actively involved in its execution and implementation, which includes managing staff development, overseeing the firm’s leading-edge technology, and spearheading the firm’s efforts to provide superior service for all Kernutt Stokes clients.
Steve is a native of Oregon and grew up in Portland. After graduating from the University of Oregon in 1993, he spent three years serving as general manager for his family business, managing personnel and operations for the company’s two locations. Steve joined Kernutt Stokes in 1996, and became a partner in 2007. He lives in Eugene with his wife, Jill. In his free time, Steve enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf and traveling.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- National Association of Securities Dealers Series 66
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants(AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) – Former Chair, LSAC
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Oregon Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (OACFE)
- Eugene Country Club – board of directors
- Volunteers in Medicine – past board member and treasurer
- Eugene Montessori School – past board member and treasurer
- Center for Community Counseling – past board member and treasurer
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) – past chair, LSAC
- University of Oregon – Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Finance (1993)
- 20 Under 40 Award – Top Rising Business Stars in Eugene/Springfield