Ron joined the Kernutt Stokes team in 2018 through the Kernutt’s acquisition of Spectrum CPA Group, LLP. He currently serves as an audit and accounting partner, working primarily with clients in the real estate development, hospitality, and construction industries. A professional in the accounting field since 1973, Ron boasts over four decades of valuable experience.
An approachable and positive professional, Ron’s personal philosophy of service centers around being forward thinking. His clients benefit greatly from his ability to communicate effectively and convey complex matters to them simply. Ron chose to pursue a career in accounting after taking an aptitude test that indicated he was a very good fit for the field. His work-driven and competitive nature have helped him to excel in his career. In his daily life, Ron is motivated by this quote from Gandhi: “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
The youngest of eight, Ron was born on the Blackfoot Indian Reservation in Montana and raised in the wilds of central Oregon. He currently resides in Bend with his wife, Liliya, their daughter, Yuliya, and their two Chihuahuas, Tina and Manya. He loves the area for a multitude of reasons: clear blue skies, sunshine, hiking trails, lakes and rivers for fishing, many golf courses, and access to “skiing of either stripe.” In his free time, Ron enjoys gardening, reading, fishing, golfing, and spending quality time with his wife.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of CPAs (OSCPA)
- University of Oregon Alumni Association
- University of Oregon – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 1970
- University of Oregon – Master of Accounting & Quantitative Methods, with a concentration in Taxation, 1973
- Award for Most Outstanding Accounting Student
- Direct Costing – Locked Out or Allowable, CCH TAXES, the Tax Magazine (October 1973)