Since 2013, Nick has been a valuable member of the Kernutt Stokes team. He joined the firm as an associate after graduating with his master’s degree in accounting from the University of Oregon. He now serves as a manager, working in the firm’s Audit and Assurance Services Department. Nick performs audits, reviews, and compilations for clients in a variety of industries. Specifically, he works with real estate, health insurance, nonprofit, and CIRA clients.
A determined and technical professional, Nick believes that always being respectful and honest goes a long way. He was inspired to pursue a career in accounting by his desire to learn about business and help clients achieve their goals. He attributes his success in the field to his hard work and constant striving to improve.
Raised in Michigan, Nick currently lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with his wife, Marisa, daughter, Riley, and their two dogs, Gunner and Lou. In his free time, Nick’s hobbies include hockey, music, camping, hiking, and real estate.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Oregon
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- KLCC Public Radio Foundation – Treasurer
- Michigan State University – Bachelor of Accounting (2012)
- University of Oregon – Master of Accounting (2013)
A Few Fun Facts
- Favorite book: The DaVinci Code
- Little-known fact: Nick is self-taught on both the piano and the guitar
- Favorite quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky