Jonathan serves a diverse group of clients at Kernutt Stokes, with a focus on privately held, family-owned businesses, particularly in the professional service, medical and dental, real estate, manufacturing, agriculture, and construction industries, as well as other high net wealth individuals. Jonathan provides a variety of services to his clients including tax compliance, tax planning, audit and assurance, financial reporting, business planning, and management consulting services.
In addition to his work with clients, Jonathan enjoys training and mentoring younger staff, helping them grow in their professional careers and achieve their goals. He also is heavily involved in the firm’s marketing and branding.
Jonathan is an Oregon native, growing up in Eugene. After graduating from Oregon State University in 2006, Jonathan spent three years working for several small businesses, before joining Kernutt Stokes in 2010. Having worked directly with small business owners from the “other side”, Jonathan has a great deal of insight as to what truly concerns business owners.
Jonathan currently resides in Albany with his wife and their three children, and works out of the Corvallis office. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with family, getting outdoors, and staying active by running, hiking, kayaking, and playing golf and other sports.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Oregon
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) – Former Chair of Forests Products Project Committee
- Forests Today & Forever – Former Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Long Tom Watershed Counsel – Former Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Oregon State University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting (2006)