Brent joined the Kernutt Stokes team in 2011, and leads the firm’s athletics practice. He also focuses on closely held private companies, in particular, organizations in the forest products industries. He is a subject matter leader in regards to Opportunity Zones, the Qualified Business Income Deduction and the Business Interest Limitation. Brent has a thorough knowledge of discounted cash flow analysis for capital projects, and the different regulatory issues that come into play with expansion.
Prior to joining the firm, Brent worked for Oregon Community Credit Union for three years. Many of his clients and colleagues would describe him as quick and dependable. Brent believes that if you take care of the client, the rest will take care of itself. He attributes much of his success to a strong work ethic and the support of his family – especially his mother, who inspired him to go into accounting.
Brent grew up in Pleasant Hill and is the sixth generation on his family farm. He lives in Eugene with his wife, Bethany, their three daughters, Mila, Lily and Kinsley, and their dog, Lola. Brent plays the guitar and the piano, and is a huge fan of the Ducks, his alma mater. He enjoys hiking, biking, ultimate, and pretty much any recreational activity.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Oregon Club of Eugene, Springfield – past Treasurer
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance
- Golden Gate University, Master of Science in Taxation with Honors