“Our clients trust that the financial advice and guidance we provide will maximize their annual savings and ultimately increase their overall net worth. We exceed our clients’ expectations because we base our analyses on the “whole picture” of their business, not just the issues at hand.”
– B. Dean Huber
With over 36 years of experience, Dean is viewed by his clients and peers as a trusted authority on retirement plans and employee benefits. He has helped many business owners generate significant annual savings and contribute to employee retention.
As the partner in charge of retirement plan services, Dean oversees the firm’s employee benefit planning engagements, including retirement plan design and administration projects. He is also involved in the audit & accounting practice of the firm. He has experience in a broad range of industries and heads up the firm’s accounting services for not-for-profit organizations.
Dean grew up in Auburn, Washington, and graduated from Walla Walla College. He started his career with an international accounting firm, providing tax, audit and accounting services to clients in the travel/cruise, insurance, timber, equipment leasing, television broadcasting, and moving and storage industries. Dean joined a local firm in 1988 and transitioned to Kernutt Stokes when the two firms merged in 1990. He became a partner in 1998. Dean and his wife, Bettina, have two daughters, and make their home in Springfield. In his spare time, he enjoys cycling, cooking, fantasy baseball and reading.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- National Association of Securities Dealers Series 66
- Qualified Pension Administrator
- Certified Pension Consultant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Cornerstone Community Housing – Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce – Former President
- Angel Hair Foundation – Treasurer
- Walla Walla College – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting (1983)